How to offer prayer in Islam
Sharing is caring!
How to Offer Salah (For Men)Preconditions of Salah (Prayer or Namaz):
- Cleanliness from impurities (on the body, clothes and place of prayer).
- Performing Ablution (Wudu).
- Facing the right direction of Qiblah.
- Covering the private parts (The nakedness of a man is considered to be what between the navel and knee)
- Praying at the proper time.
The following is the complete method of performing a 2 Raka’at Salah. Read the “Note” at the end to know how to pray a 3 or 4 Raka’a Salah.
- Stand upright facing the Qibla
- Make the intention “I intend to perform the Fajr prayer (say the name of the Salah), with 2 Rakaat Fardh (say the number of Rakaats of any prayer – Sunnah or Fardh), for the sake of Allah, I am facing the Holy Kaaba.” Intention need not be said out loud. Saying it in the heart is sufficient.
- Raise hands to the ears with palms facing the Qibla say “Allahu Akbar”
- Do the Qiyam by lowering the hands down and folding them below the navel. [The right hand is placed on the left hand’s wrist clasped, with three fingers on the top (index finger and middle finger, and third finger), and the right hand’s thumb and small finger below the left hand’s wrist]
- Read the sanaa:
“Subhanak-Allah humma wabi hamdika watabara-kasmuka wata aala jadduka walaa ilaha ghairuk”
(All Glory be to You O Allah! Praise is to You; Blessed is Your Name and Exalted is Your Majesty; there is none worthy of worship except You)
- Read the Ta’awuz:
“Aoozu billahi minash Shaitaanir-rajeem”
(I seek protection with Allah from the cursed Shaitan)
- Read the Tasmiyyah:
(In the Name of Allah, Most Kind, Most Merciful)
- Recite Surah Fatiha:
“Al-hamdu lillahi rabbil-aalameen, ar-rahma nir-raheem, maaliki yawmiddeen, iyyaaka na’budu wa iyyaaka nastaeen, ihdinas-siraatal mustaqeem, siraatallazeena anamta alaihim, ghairil maghdoobi alahim wa ladhaaleen. Ameen.”
[All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the Universe, the Most Kind, Most Merciful, Master of the Day of Judgement. You alone we worship and from You alone we ask for help. Guide us on the straight path, the path of those who You have favoured, not the path of those who earned Your anger, nor the path of those who went astray. Ameen (So let it be O Allah)].
- Recite any Surah or verses from the Qur’an. For example:
“Qul huwallahu ahad, Allahus-samad, lam yalid, wa lam yoolad, wa lam yakullahu kufuwan ahad”
(Say, He is Allah, The One. Allah is above and all things depend on Allah. He does not beget, nor is He begotten. And there is none like Him).
- Say “Allahu Akbar” and go into Ruku (bowing)
- In Ruku recite the following 3 times:
Subhaana Rabbiyal ‘Azeem
(Glory be to my Lord, The Greatest)
- Afterwards, stand up in Qawmah position while reciting the Tasbeeh:
Sami Allahu liman hamidah
(Allah listens to him who has praised Him)
- After Tasbeeh recite Tahmeed:
Allhumma Rabbana Lakal Hamd
(O our Sustainer! All prayer is due to You alone)
Then say “Allahu Akbar” and go into Sajdah. [Keep body open with stomach apart from the thighs and arms apart from the sides and elbows should not be on the ground.]
- In Sajdah recite 3 times:
Subhaana Rabbiyal a’ala
(Glory to my Lord Most High)
- Afterwards go into sitting position (Jalsa) while saying “Allahu Akbar”. [Sit by keeping the right foot upright (with all the toes touching the floor) and sit by keeping the buttocks on the left foot.]
- Do the Sajdah again while saying “Allahu Akbar” and in Sajdah recite “Subhaana Rabbiyal a’ala” 3 times.
- Stand up erect while reciting “Allahu Akbar”. This position will be Qiyam (same as step #4).
- Repeat steps #7 to #17. Note: In step #9 recite some other Surah or verses. Then after #17 go to step #20.
- After the second Sajdah, go into Jalsah (same as step #16) while saying “Allahu Akbar”.
- While seated recite Tashahhud:
Attahiyyaatu lillahi wass-salawaatu wath-thayyibaatu, assalamu alaika ayyuhannabiyyu wa rahamtullahi wa barakaatuhu, as-salaamu alainaa wa alaa ibaadilla hiss-saaliheen, ash-hadu al la ilaha illallahu wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan abduhu wa rasooluh.
(All respect, worship and all glory is due to Allah alone. Peace be upon you, O Prophet, and the Mercy and Blessings of Allah be upon you. Peace be on us and on those who are the righteous servants of Allah. I testify that there is no one worthy of worship except Allah, and I testify that Muhammad is His Servant and Messenger).
In this when reciting the word “la ilaha”, join the little finger and the ring finger and form a ring with the thumb and middle finger and raise the index finger towards the sky. Lower the index finger when you reach “illallahu”.
- Then recite Blessings on the Prophet Muhammad (saw):
Allahumma salli alaa Muhammadin wa alaa aali Muhammadin kamaa sallaita alaa Ibraheema wa alaa aali Ibraheema innaka hameedun majeed
“Allahumma baarik alaa Muhammadin wa alaa aali Muhammadin, kamaa baarakta alaa Ibraheema wa alaa aali Ibraheema innaka hameedun majeed”
(O Allah! Shower Your Blessings on Muhammad and the family of Muhammad just as You showered Your Blessings on Ibraheem and the family of Ibraheem. Certainly, You alone are worthy of praise and are Glorious.
O Allah! Bless Muhammad and the family of Muhammad just as You Blessed Ibraheem and the family of Ibraheem. Certainly, You alone are worthy of praise and are Glorious).
- After this recite the following du’a:
Rabbij-alnee muqeemas-salaati wa min zurriyyatee, rabbanaa wata qabbal duaa, rabbanagh-fir-lee wali waali dayya wa lil mu’mineena yawma yaqoomul hisaab
(O my Lord! Make my children and myself regular in Salah. O our Lord! Accept my prayer. O our Lord! Forgive me. Forgive my parents and all other Muslims on the Day of Judgement).
- As the last step do Tasleem. Turn your head to the right and say “As salamu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullah” (May the Peace and Mercy of Allah be upon you). Then turn your head to the left and say “As salamu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullah” (May the Peace and Mercy of Allah be upon you).
For 3 raka’at Salah
- After step #21 recite “Allahu Akbar” while standing up back into Qiyam position (step #4). Then do steps #7 to #24.
- Omit step #9 and #18 & #19
For 4 raka’at Salah
- After step #21 recite “Allahu Akbar” while standing up back into Qiyam position (step #4). Then do steps #7 to #18. Omit step #9.
- After step #18 follow instructions from step #19. Omit step #9.
02 Sunnah | 02 Farz
|From dawn before sunrise.|
04 Sunah | 04 Farz
02 Sunnah | 02 Nawafil
|Between the declining of sun & Asr.|
04 Sunnah | 04 Farz
|(Late afternoon) Immediately after the last time limit of Zuhar until just before the sunset.|
03 Farz | 02 Sunnah
|(Evening) Soon after sunset until the disappearance of the twilight.|
04 Sunnah | 04 Farz
02 Sunnah | 02 Nawafil
03 Witar | 02 Nawafil
|After the disappearance of the twilight until midnight.|
04 Sunnah | 02 Farz
04 Sunnah| 02 Sunnah
|Between the declining of sun & Asr. Juma can’t be offered individually. If you happen to miss Juma prayer, then you should offer Zuhar.|
Sharing is caring!
- Anniversary (1)
- Dp (1)
- Friendship (2)
- Fun (2)
- Graduation (1)
- Happy Birthday Wishes (4)
- Information (13)
- Islamic (7)
- Jobs (6)
- Marketing (1)
- Mobile Network (5)
- Music (2)
- News (9)
- Pakistan whatsApp group links (2)
- Poetry (2)
- technology (15)
- Tools (7)
- Uncategorized (4)
- Whatsapp (7)
- whatsapp links pakistan (6)
- Wishes (7)